Last revised April 10, 2019
- What Personal Information We Collect on the Site
- How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
- Cookies and How We Collect Information Through Technological Means
- How we Protect Personal Information
- Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
- Children and Parents
- Third Party Websites
- Changes to this Policy
- How to Contact Us
1. What Personal Information We Collect on the Site
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our Site, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you:
- Provide us with information on our through our Site;
- Subscribe to receive our email updates;
- Contact us through e-mail; or
- Otherwise provide us with Personal Information through the Site.
The Personal Information we may collect may include:
- Your first and last name, and email address;
- Any other Personal Information that you voluntarily choose to submit to us.
2. How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
- Operate our Site in accordance with its terms and conditions;
- Respond to your questions or inquiries;
- To send you informational or promotional communications that you have agreed to receive;
- To understand how visitors interact with our Site;
- To improve our Site;
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- To carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
If you have provided us with your Personal Information, but later decide you no longer want us to send you any information from us, you may unsubscribe by using the unsubscribe message in our commercial communications.
We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers that assist us with carrying out these purposes.
We reserve the right to transfer any Personal Information we have about you in the event that we merge with or are acquired by a third party or should any such transaction be proposed. We may also use, or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, if we have reason to believe that using or disclosing such information is necessary to: (i) conduct investigations of possible breaches of law; (ii) identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating an agreement they have with us; (iii) investigate security breaches or cooperate with government authorities pursuant to a legal matter; or (iv) to protect our rights, safety or property. Lastly, we may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose to which you consent.
3. Cookies and How We Collect Information Through Technological Means
When you visit our Site, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information may include your domain name and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other general information (such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files you request). We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Site, the region(s) our visitors are coming from, to improve our Site, and for the other purposes described in this section. The amount of information that is sent by your web browser depends on the browser and settings you use. Please refer to the instructions provided by your browser if you want to learn more about what information it sends to websites you visit, or how you may change or restrict this.
Like many websites, we may use features on your Internet browser called cookies, web beacons, pixels, tracking tags and scripts, other storage technologies, and/or other similar devices. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your computer's hard drive. They are used for a variety of reasons, such as tracking click streams, measuring, monitoring, and reporting website traffic, and determining how visitors arrive at our website and interact with our content (for example, by determining if you visited our Site after seeing one of our ads). Information tracked through these mechanisms may include, but is not limited to: (i) your IP address; (ii) how you arrived at our Site; (iii) the type of web browser and operating system being used; and (iv) the pages of the Site a user visits.
We may also contract with third party companies, including social media companies, to collect information about your use of our Site and other websites through technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, tracking tags and scripts, other storage technologies, and/or other similar devices so that we may provide advertisements and other content that are more relevant to your interests based on your internet activity history and to target you with advertising and other content on our Site and third party sites. We may disclose personal information (including your name, email, or phone number) to these entities, which may include social media companies, to better serve you with advertising and other content.
We may work with third parties to assist us with the practices described in this section. These include:
- Facebook, where we use both first party and third party cookies, as well as pixels and other technologies for both analytics and advertising to track activities such as page views, page interactions, clicks, and email submissions. We may use the information you provide to match you with your profile on Facebook, and better serve advertising and other content. You may adjust your Facebook ad settings and preferences by visiting this site: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217?helpref=faq_content.
Your browser also gives you the option to reject cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies generally hinders the browser's performance and will adversely affect your experience while using our Site. You may opt-out of certain of the targeting practices described above by using the links we have provided to Google, Facebook, and Twitter. You may also opt-out of certain tracking practices by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
4. How we Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We help protect your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards intended to help protect against unauthorized use, disclosure or access. Personal Information may be accessed by persons within our organization, or our third party service providers, who require such access to carry out the purposes indicated above, or such other purposes as may be permitted or required by the applicable law. Personal Information we collect is managed from our offices located in Toronto.
Although we have taken measures to help protect our Site, computer systems and any Personal Information that we have collected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Some or all of the Personal Information we collect may be stored or processed on servers located outside your jurisdiction of residence, including in the United States, whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
5. Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information to us and would like to have access to it, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before allowing you to access your Personal Information.
6. Children and Parents
The Foundation does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 on this Site. If a child under 13 has already provided us with Personal Information through this Site, his or her parent or guardian may contact us for the purpose of deleting this information.
7. Third Party Websites
8. Changes to this Policy
9. How to Contact Us
- access Personal Information that you have already provided to us so that you can correct or update it;
Please advise us by contacting our Privacy Officer by writing to Early Years Study Privacy Officer – 95 St. Clair Avenue West, Suite 200 Toronto, ON M4V 1N6, or email@example.com